Thursday, April 9, 2009

hooray hooray!

la la la I wrote this during geography class a few hours ago la la laaaa I was very excited as you can tell. Still am. Life's awesome :D

I can't stop thinking about David Foster Wallace's speech and everything that John said. Life is GREAT. Possibilities, opportunities, anything, EVERYTHING. It is so huge and open and endless and boundless, and so often we preoccupy ourselves, get caught up in meaningless triviality and miss out on the beauty and majesty and fantasticalness of us. I remember something John said about seeing people as people, imagining them complexly, that we are too busy taking in our own wondrousness to see others. I think sometimes, a lot of times, we don't even recognize our own amazingness, we get bogged down in the ultimately unimportant, the mundanest of the mundane. WHY? Life doesn't HAVE to suck. Perception. Priorities. Preoccupation. Get it right! Realize the beauty! live live live!

I'm in this really awesome, huge mood right now, this insane mindset, this is all spilling out of me, I am thinking of everything all at once, and I am SO EXCITED. I know this is maybe way too naive and optimistic, but IS IT? I feel so excited, like in Song of Myself. I've never felt like this before, I don't think. It's like I'm in some kind of weird funk, but it's NOT. It is the absolute total ANTITHESIS (MAN I LOVE THAT WORD) of a funk. One I hope I never come out of.

I was going to do this project on, my final graphic design project, we have to illustrate an epiphany we've had, I was going to do it about when literature became important, how critical thinking and discussing ALL THAT ENGLISH STUFF, how I started appreciating all of that, which was after reading Catcher in the Rye and John's videos and after discovering the Mountain Goats, but YES, not any more. I am going to use DFW's speech and I am going to use Song of Myself, and I am going to use John's blogTV chats, and I cannot wait.

Life is fantastic.



No comments:

Post a Comment

say a thing say something say it say it right now