Tuesday, August 7, 2007

I am going to eat Lucky Charms.

Comment and I'll give you a letter; then you have to list 10 things you love that begin with that letter. Afterwards, post this in your journal and give out some letters of your own. gave me H. 1. Hugh Laurie 2. Homestar Runner 3. Hodgman, John 4. Happiness 5. Humility 6. Hot dogs 7. Ham 8. House as in where I live 9. Humour with a u 10. Happy Doesn't Have to Have an Ending I had this weird dream that TMBG was playing a concert that was airing on Disney. Sam and Bob and a bunch of my friends from school/church were going to go to this Bible study and were all waiting outside in my driveway and in my neighbors'. I suppose I was sleeping in my dream because I woke up about two minutes before 8:00, which was when They were supposed to start and also when we were supposed to leave for the Bible study. I hurriedly rifled through our cabinet of kids VHS tapes, looking for one of them on which my grandma had taped cartoons on like fifteen years ago that I could use to record the show. Still in a sleep-induced stupor, I put the tape in the VCR and pressed rewind. I half fell back asleep on the couch for maybe five minutes and then woke back up to set the VCR to record. I realize that the tv and VCR had been unplugged because of the thunderstorm that had been going on earlier. (Early this morning, it was storming, and I'm pretty sure she did unplug them. I guess I was going in and out of being awake.) At some point during this stuff, I went outside and saw that Sam and other people I can't remember were dressed up really nice; he actually had a suit on. I was confused and worried that I was too dressed down, just had jeans and a t-shirt on. But half the people there were dressed like me, so I supposed I was fine. I set the VCR to record, it took me a really long time, something wasn't working right. It was probably 8:20 when I was done and ready, but everyone had left to go to the Bible study already. And they went in a black stretch Hummer. I kept checking tmbw, trying to figure out what songs They played; I was getting really frustrated and confused. There was video of Them at the Bowery from the early nineties, only They looked the exact same and had Dan, Danny, and Marty. I kept thinking that that was the Disney show and was wondering how tmbw had it if it was just now playing live. I watched the tape, looking for Them. I had estimated that Their portion of the show would be two hours long, but They only played three songs. I was even more confused and ticked off now. I felt really bad for taking too long and not going with everyone to the Bible study. There was also something in there somewhere about going to a taping of the Colbert Report, or meeting Stephen, or running around his studio; I can't remember. I woke up. Construction people have been working on repaving our street for the past few days. Last week, they stripped all the asphalt off to where it was bear stone/concrete/whatever. Yesterday, they put the first coat of asphalt back on. With really big trucks and machines. There was this awesome huge roller that one guy drove back and forth over the stuff after a truck ahead of it laid it down. I took pictures. It will be really great when it's finished; our road was so pot holey that when roller blading, it took all your concentration to not hit one. The next time I go to the store, I'm going to buy myself some Americone Dream ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

say a thing say something say it say it right now