Saturday, January 24, 2009

we all woke up that morning, claw marks on our little faces

Hi. Hey. What is going on?

I don't like that compare people application on facebook. It always hurts my feelings. It always tells me my weakness is being a best friend. And being tough. And being adventurous, which is admittedly kind of true.

I, uh, just torrented?downloaded?stole the entire Mountain Goats discography, which is definitely not totally comprehensive, but is way freaking more than I had. I have so much to memorize. I always feel guilty if I can't remember the words to songs by bands I love, which is basically They Might Be Giants and the Mountain Goats. I hate to be singing along, and being into the song, and in tune with the emotion of the whole thing, and not being able to remember the words. It's so frustrating and gah.

My geography teacher is really nerdy and hilarious and animated and emphatic and has a speaking pattern and cadence similar to John Darnielle, the way he emphasizes strange syllables of words. It is awesome. Everything he says, I find insanely interesting, even when he's talking about something like colonial style houses, which is something I really have no interest in, I'll be completely riveted. He stresses g-sounds weirdly, like Good and reGulation. John Darnielle does that a lot. Cracks me up.

I found a nerdfighter note in one of the Looking For Alaskas at the Barnes and Noble I went to today. I'd never been there before, and it was HUGE. Way, way, way bigger than any bookstore I'd been in previously. It had a freakin' escalator. I bought a hardback Alaska, and the second volume of Octavian Nothing, which I am hoping will motivate me to finish the first, which I have been very procrastinatory about even though I really like it. But the internet is just there, and it is easy, and it is interesting, and it's big.

I also got Neutral Milk Hotel's In the Aeroplane Over the Sea, even though I already had it, but I always feel bad when I like an artist's music but just rip it from library cds or something. I am a very guilt-ridden person, it seems like. I don't know. I got Heretic Pride too because I was feeling, and still feel, extremely horrible about taking all of John Darnielle's music.

And I wrote and put nerdfighter notes in all the copies of John's books I could find, which was only 6, which made me very sad. Three paperbacks of Alaska, one of Katherines, one mangled copy of Paper Towns in the YA section, and one downstairs marked 20% off.

BUT THERE'S GONNA BE A PARTY WHEN THE WOLF COMES HOME.

That is all.

3 comments:

say a thing say something say it say it right now