Monday, November 10, 2008

Hank Green's Annual Survey [which is supposed to be completed in January]


1. Your name:

Valerie

2. Your Web page:

valerie2776.blogspot.com

3 What have you been up to this past year (please be as detailed as possible, because we actually want to know)?

Hm. I'm going to pretend it's January 2009. It will be easier this way. I hope. So...I finished high school at FBCS. Senior trip in May was fun. So yes. Started college at LCCC, Associate of Arts. 2 year thing. Emphasis in either graphic design or computer art, not sure yet, they're mostly the same thing though anyway, so it doesn't really matter now. And that's pretty much it. Have gotten into the youtube community which is pretty awesome. Have made a lot of friends. Not just through youtube, but through blogtv and twitter and wherever else. But those three are pretty intertwined. So that's cool. Have gotten into the Mountain Goats through John Green. This is awesome. Still trying to get my head around the whole body of work John Darneille's put out there. But no success so far. It's HARD. The man is prolific. For sure.

4 How much longer do you think you’ll be doing what you’re doing?
College? 2 years at LCCC. Then somewhere else. I don't know where. Youtube? Always, I hope. Mountain Goats? Forever and ever and ever.

5 Why are you doing it?
College? Because I have to. Because according to society and my parents and etc., that is the necessary next step. Do not really have a choice, which is not to say I don't enjoy it. It's ok. It's not what I'd be doing, ideally, but whatever. Blah routine. Youtube? Because I love it. Mountain Goats? Same. Love Love Love. Which is an amazing song btw...
raskolnikov felt sick but he couldn't say why
when he saw his face reflected in his victim's twinkling eye.
some things you'll do for money and some you'll do for fun,
but the things you do for love are going to come back to you one by one.



6 What do you want to be doing?

I don't know. I don't have enough drive. Too many things interest me. But no one of them specifically to a degree above the others that I'd want to continuously do.

7 What’s next in your life?
More college. I'm figuring out my classes for next semester right now.

8 How You Doin’?
I'm ok.

9 What’s the best book you read this year?
Paper Towns by John Green. Oh how I love that man.

10 Describe a perfect day?
Um....I think a lot of the days we had on senior trip were pretty much ideal, minus the arguing about time and money. So something like that. Or having an Office marathon party with TJ and Josh and Emily and Kristen and everyone. That would be swell.

11 Assuming that all things come to an end…how do you think humans will go extinct?
I don't think, I know.

12 How are you feeling about kids these days?
I've learned that they can watch Homeward Bound II: Lost in San Francisco endlessly, like, literally, hundreds of times, and not tire of it. Which is something I cannot do. I am starting to hate that movie.

13 (- In this space, compose your own question, and answer it -) What kind of bear is best?
Black bear.

14 Ambrozzo tastes better than anything else, what does ambrozzo taste like?
the Mountain Goats

15 If you were a cliché, what cliché would you be?

Beat a dead horse.

16 What is your least favorite part of any given day?

1:51 pm

17 Do you enjoy science fiction?
Yes, yes I do.

18 Cheese or Chocolate?
Cheese. Its role in my diet is larger and more important and would be harder to live without. Also: mozzarella sticks

19 Where would you live if you could live anywhere?
Here is ok. Also England. Or in the Montana-ish region. I like cold.

20 What was your first concert?
I can't remember. 4Him, maybe? I'll ask my mother later.

21 If you could start a business that would be instantly successful, what kind of business would it be? A disease-curing store? Or Mike's Cereal Shack. Hahaha.

22 Invisibility or Time Travel?
Time travel, as long as my actions couldn't have any negative repercussions. If not, invisibility, cause I'd for sure screw everything up. That space-time continuum, it would not be in good shape.

23 What’s wrong with the world?
A whole lot.

And here's Hank's completion of the survey:


aaaand John's: (which takes two videos because he is so verbose)

No comments:

Post a Comment

say a thing say something say it say it right now